At Eco Child we stock a large range of high-quality and environmentally friendly Wooden Toys. Our collection of Kids Wooden Toys are perfect to promote the fun type of education for your little ones. All our wooden toys are made from sustainable sourced wood.
- Page 1 of 5
You Can’t Go Wrong with Natural Wooden Toys
The natural wooden toys you might know from your childhood probably bring back many memories of time spent with your dad or grandad, waiting in anticipation for them to finish making your new wooden rattle toys, trucks or puzzles. The simplest toys usually bring the most joy and stimulate the imagination. Give your child educational yet fun toys and use them to also teach them about living in harmony with nature and ensuring they invest in a sustainable future on Earth.
We stock various eco-friendly toys that are as good for the environment as for your child. From babies to tots, we have toys that will teach them number skills, hand-eye coordination and motor skills to stimulate early childhood development.
Why Our Wooden Kids’ Toys Are the Best Option
As a parent, you will know that not all toys are created equal. Simple toys are often the best and the most durable compared to elaborate, expensive brands with all the bells and whistles that can easily break. Even with our eco-friendly wooden kid toys, we still ensure that we bring you the best quality. Therefore, we only stock the best brands:
- Hess Spielzeug. Gunter Hess made these “Spielzeug” (playthings) by hand in the 1990s, and today the German quality and precision are still evident in these handmade toys. All toys are still handcrafted in Germany and made from native trees such as maple and beech, using environmentally friendly processes and materials. The brand has a distinctive look and feel, using blue and pink pastel colours and natural wood to create toys such as teethers, clips, rattles and pram hangers that will entertain little hands for hours.
- Nature Bubz. We just love the Nature Bubz eco wildflower teether. The combination of silicone beads and beech wood makes for a non-toxic, naturally antibacterial, durable chew toy that your child will love. It meets all the AS/NZS 8124 safety standards for toys for under 36 months.
- Qtoys. They bring you the traditional wooden boys’ toys you might expect, such as a train, bulldozer, bus, motorbike, and a racing car in the classic wooden toy style. They also have counting toys and puzzles moving away from the trendy toys. What especially fascinates us is the bamboo shaker. Made from plantation timber, the toy is non-toxic and helps young tots understand the concept of gravity. At the same time, it makes a fun sound that could be used during music therapy for teaching rhythm.
- Wooden ride-ons and walkers. Toddlers are usually happy in a walker between the ages of four and 16 months, provided their feet reach the floor comfortably. From 12 months onward, toddlers will delight in a wooden ride-on toy, and we have beautiful options.
We stock eco-friendly toys that will develop each aspect of your baby’s brain, including wooden walkers and ride-ons, puzzles, stacking toys, baby wooden blocks, counting boards, building blocks, and even the old-school abacus.
Other Products We Stock Besides Ethical Toys in Australia
Perhaps you thought that ethical toys only mean they’re good for the environment. However, you should know that our dolls in Australia are made according to Fair Trade rules, meaning that workers are paid better than in the mass market. It also includes better working conditions and Fair Trade for suppliers, meaning toymakers can set their own hours, prices and environment they want to work.
We also use “eco-friendly and organic” to specify practices and materials used, so you fully understand what product you’re buying and the process followed to make it.
- Organic dolls. Our rag dolls are made from 100% organic cotton and take playing back to traditional days before the digital age absorbed young minds. You can dress and undress the organic toys, choose from different races and genders and rest assured that even the packaging is made from 100% recycled paper printed with soy ink.
- Dummies. The natural dummies that we stock are pure, natural rubber. Made in Italy, the dummies meet EU health, safety, and environmental standards. They don’t contain artificial colourants, chemicals, parabens or allergy-causing substances, and it’s safe for your baby.
- Organic cotton swaddles. Our swaddles and muslin wraps are the best material you’ll want to come in contact with your baby’s sensitive skin. Seeing a rash on your newborn is not a sight any new mom wants to see. Wrapping your baby in organic cotton means their skin can breathe and keep them at a comfortable temperature. We also stock a festive bamboo swaddle made of 70% bamboo and 30% cotton, and it even has a matching turban you can buy with the same robins, pine cones and holly sprigs so everyone can feel the festive spirit (knowing or unknowingly).
- Eco nappies: Disposable plastic nappies contribute significantly to non-recyclable landfill waste and contain harmful chemicals. However, our Tooshies Bamboo nappies in sizes for newborns to toddlers have the environment at heart. They have a 100% biodegradable back sheet plus a composite bamboo core that is also biodegradable.
For a product to be certified organic, eco-friendly or fair trade, it must meet specific and strict requirements. We make sure that we adhere to every obligation to reassure you that we’re serious about bringing you the most comprehensive natural and organic products for mom, tot, and baby.
The Eco Child Promise
When you buy from us, you have our promise that all our products are tested to ensure they’re up to our standards and meet all the eco-friendly, organic or fair-trade practices. We care about the health of the entire family, so we have products that will benefit parents and babies while contributing to a better future for the little ones at the same time.
Our physical store is based in Victor Harbour, and we will advise you on the best choices as far as possible. Let us all work towards making better choices for the next generation at every stage of their development.
Contact us if you need more information about any of our wooden baby toys, Apple Park toys or how we do our testing.