Je Porte Mon Bebe - PhysioCarrier - Dark Blue/Green
We are thrilled to announce the arrival of the new JPMBB baby carrier to Eco Child: The PhysioCarrier.
The PhysioCarrier is exactly what parents expect in 2015 from an upscale preformed baby carrier designed and manufactured by Je Porte Mon Bébé: a baby carrier that is uncompromisingly modern and truly versatile.
We are very proud this was made possible by a small independent French family business like JPMBB.
- The JPMBB Physiocarrier is a cleverly-designed baby carrier with a difference!
- Features a large pocket, which can be unzipped to revel a cool mesh panel for summer.
- Features an optional accessories pack consisting of a booster seat and a padded collar for newborns.
- Booster seat can be used with a toddler for a high back carry.
- Mesh hood for greater visiability of sleeping baby, as well as for better ventilation.
- Includes a mirror for positioning checks. Elastic bands tuck away excess webbing neatly.
- Front (with the option of crossable straps), Back and Hip Carry.
- Suitable for 3.5kg (with booster seat) to 20kg.
- 100% Cotton & Machine Washable.
The JPMBB PhysioCarrier is a soft-structured baby carrier that comes with a removable booster (0-18 months) and a removable padded collar to support the neck (for infants) (sold separately)
It can be carried in the front, to the side, on the back, from birth to 3 years. (3.5kg – 20kg, from 6 months for the back.
The special features of PhysioCarrier:
The booster is useful from birth to around 18 months, depending on the size and weight of Baby. Unlike some models, the JPMBB booster goes only under the child’s bottom. Freshness and breathability are not reduced even with the booster in place, because there is no additional layer of padding on the back or the ribs.
The booster slips into a sleeve to be an integral part of the baby carrier, making it even easier and faster to pop Baby in; it is also safer than first putting Baby into an insert and then into the baby-carrier.
The booster allows 3 things:
1. To carry an infant in a high and secure carrying position (kissing height), leaving his/her respiratory passages clear and ventilated. In addition it enables Baby to be seated in a physiological flexion position without forcing the natural gap between his/her knees (a gap that must not exceed the width of the pelvis at this age).
2. The booster allows an older baby to enjoy greater visibility than ever before when he/she is carried on an adult’s back, as Baby is higher.
3. Finally, many baby-carrying adults will appreciate the backpack feel of this baby carrier, i.e. most of the weight on the shoulders and a higher centre of gravity.
The removable padded collar for infants makes it possible to adjust the carrier to the small size of Baby’s neck by providing soft, padded support without pressure or direct contact with the neckline hems.
The side straps have different functions according to Baby’s age:
1. For an infant, it allows adjusting the front panel’s height and width. This various settings permits a precise adjustment of the baby carrier measurements, that offers you tailor-made solutions.
The newborn will thus be well contained and the tightened straps allow the edges of the baby carrier to hold his/her small body snugly, providing support lines that allow the baby to be maintained in a curled up position and not flattened.
These side straps also prevent the hypotonic infant’s back from going into an “S” position because the baby carrier is too large.
2. For a bigger baby (> 10 months), the side straps give support to the bended knees and help to better tilt the pelvis to provide Baby with a wide and comfortable seat. This also makes it possible for the arms to come out when Baby is awake.
3. The side straps will also allow weight distribution between the suspenders and the belt.
This is possible because the anchor point of the straps goes from the suspender to the belt. This is useful if you prefer to put the weight on the suspenders and reduce the weight on the belt.
The side straps represent a unique and simple way to adjust the baby carrier, regardless of the child’s age. The baby carrier fits Baby, not the reverse, and without complicated and time-consuming procedures.
Thanks to the opening in the baby carrier, Baby’s back can be ventilated and cooled when it’s hot, or covered when it’s cold, using the two zippers.
The transparent mesh provides better visibility of Baby’s position and more precise installation.
The abundant padding on the suspenders and on the belt provides aerated, lightweight cushioning and unique comfort.
And also …
- The seat is shaped (not flat), putting the baby in a seated position with lower back curled and knees drawn up. This prevents the pelvis from being flattened.
- The double suspenders adjustment allows easy positioning, whether Baby is in a front or back carry.
- The suspenders can be crossed in the back when Baby is carried on the back.
- There is a (removable) mirror to watch the baby when he/she is being carried on your back.
- Back/chest strap with an elastic end-stop to facilitate the movement of the baby-carrying person’s shoulders while keeping the straps in place.
- All straps have an elastic to keep them wound and not dangling.